The BRC PACKAGING standard, recognized worldwide by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), has been developed specifically for companies that manufacture packaging materials for food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and medical products. BRC PACKAGING is therefore effective in any country in the world.
CÁPSULAS TORRENT, S. A.
COMPAÑÍA DE TAPONES IRRELLENABLES, S.A.
HEREDEROS DE TORRENT MIRANDA, S.A.
The BRC PACKAGING certification guarantees the quality and food safety of consumers
Its objective is to guarantee food quality and safety in order to respond to consumer demand. The BRC Global Food Packaging standard facilitates the standardization of quality, safety, operational criteria and compliance with the legal obligations of packaging manufacturers used in the food industry, as well as helping to provide consumer protection.
BRC Packaging Certification Requirements:
- Torrent Group Senior Management Commitment: The company shall offer the resources required to demonstrate its commitment to complying with the Standard’s requirements.
- Establish a HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Plan. This will allow the company to focus on the main hazards of the packaging processes and products that require specific monitoring in order to guarantee product safety.
- Torrent Group has an effective and documented quality management system.
- Create a pre-requisite programme: The basic environmental and operating conditions that must exist in the company.
BRC Packaging Certification Advantages:
- This allows companies to access markets where this standard is required. It reports on the compliance status of customers who adhere to it, especially the large distribution chains.
- It provides a guarantee for the consumer supply chain.
- It introduces and establishes safety and quality criteria agreed upon by suppliers.
- It increases customer and end consumer confidence, representing a competitive advantage and providing access to new markets.
- It proves compliance with legislation on food safety.
- It displays greater transparency along the entire supply chain.
- It is a worldwide standard recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).