ISO 22000: we guarantee food quality
The objective of the ISO 22000 standard is to comply with the principles of the Codex Alimentarius and to provide an auditable standard for any company in the food chain, in order to guarantee the safety of food and the safety of these companies.
- It is applicable to any company in the food chain.
- Easily compatible with other management systems such as ISO 9001, Quality Management System, or ISO 14001, Environmental Management System.
- It complies with the principles set out by the Codex Alimentarius.
- It enables HACCP concepts to be communicated internationally.
ALISHA TORRENT CLOSURES (ATC)
TORRENT EAST AFRICA LIMITED
Requirements of UNE 22000 standard:
The ISO 22000 standard does not set the same requirements for all companies, as the standards and procedures required for high-risk areas of one food industry may not be appropriate for others. For this reason, the standard is not limited to providing a compliance “check list ”, unlike other certification systems.
If a company wants to obtain a certificate according to ISO 22000 standard, it needs to monitor the laws of the local and export markets as well as the specifications and requirements of its customers. Therefore, the ISO 22000 standard requires specific adaptation to the needs of the industry of each type of food product.
Advantages of UNE 22000 standard:
- More fluid communication through the supply chain.
- Confidence in the consumer.
- Increases competitiveness.
- Greater transparency along the food chain.
- Adheres to the principles of the HACCP code.
- Optimizes resources both internally and throughout the food chain.
- All control measures are subject to risk analysis.